Tuesday, October 9, 2018

October 2018 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop!


Welcome back to the Joyful Stars Blog Hop!  If you came here from the talented Betty's blog, I'm sure you're smiling, and thank you for continuing on here!

As an empty nester, I have no young kids at home, so Halloween is pretty much a thing of the past for me.  However, I do love Halloween themed crafting supplies.  So I decided to make a card using Close To My Heart's new Halloween themed products, but made a 3-D card that will hopefully not be perceived as necessarily a Halloween card, KWIM?


 

First I prepared my card by cutting a standard size card base out of Black cardstock, then adhering a slightly smaller piece of the black diamond patterned paper from the Hello Pumpkin Paper Packet to it.  Next I used the Shaker Window & Confetti Thin Cuts to cut a circle from the star patterned paper from the Hello Pumpkin Paper Packet as well as the stitched line circle from a piece of Black cardstock.

For the stamping, I used the ghost and star images from the Hello Pumpkin - Scrapbooking stamp set to stamp and emboss them in black on White Daisy cardstock, then fussy cut them.  The sentiment was also stamped in Versamark ink on a scrap of Black cardstock, then embossed with Ranger White Superfine embossing powder.

To assemble the card, I adhered a foam circle from the Shaker Window Foam & Acetate to the card base.  I then used Foam Tape to adhere the embossed ghost to the window of the foam circle, overlapping it on the circle to anchor it.  I used more Foam Tape to then layer the star patterned paper and adhere the stitched black circle on top of the whole base.  The sentiment was then adhered just underneath the circle window.  The finishing touches included embellishing the inside of the window by popping up a few of the embossed stars with some Foam Dots, as well as some Clear Sparkles.

Halloween or not Halloween?  You be the judge!  Now head over to Krista's blog as I know she's all set to wow you!



5 comments:

  1. How cute! :) I love how he's peeking up out the corner of the window! Another wonderful way to use the shaker windows :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card made me smile, it's so darn cute. Great idea using the shaker pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that little ghost - he is so cute. I have no need for Halloween cards either, but the paper is so versatile. Great job at using it to make an all occasion card.

    ReplyDelete