Monday, July 9, 2018

July 2018 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop!

I have been given the honor of being asked to join the Joyful Stars CTMH Blog Hop!  Thank you to the lovely Joyce Houck for thinking of me!  This will be my first time joining a blog hop so I'm looking forward to stepping up my artwork as well as seeing some beautiful work by my fellow posters.  If you've come here from the talented Betty's Blog, you've come to the right place!

The card that I've created for July is actually a very simple one, but one that I hope would bring a smile to someone's face.  The sentiment can also be changed to one of sympathy and work well for this card.


Although the lighting isn't perfect, hopefully you can tell that the background has an ombre effect.  Many times CTMH comes out with a B&T paper in one of their paper packs with an ombre look which is lovely as a background for a scrapbook page.  I decided to try it for a card, and I thought it gave this one from the Adventure Fundamental Paper Packet (soon to be retired) just the right touch!  The additional background piece, i.e., the scalloped frame comes from the Cricut Artbooking Collection.  I simply cut this frame out three times in White Daisy cardstock and layered them on top of each other to provide dimension.

For the centerpiece of the card, I used the Cricut Flower Market Collection.  This has been by far my favorite cartridge ever!  The choices and details on so many of the flowers are just right up my alley and provide me with so much inspiration.  Obviously this is a tulip from the collection, and I used Raspberry, Blossom (soon to be retired), and Willow cardstock to cut the flower and pop it with foam tape.  The sentiment, stamped in black, comes from the beautiful Thoughtful Bird stamp set.  Finally, I used white dots from my favorite embellishment, Black & White Dots, to add a subtle touch to the card.

Here is a side view of the card so that you can see the layers.


Next up, check out our next talented blogger on the hop:  Krista's Blog!

14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Joyce! Just lovely! :) So excited you are able to join our hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Krista! I'm excited as well, but know there are a lot of talented artists here to keep up with!

      Delete
  2. This is just lovely, Joyce. So happy you have joined the hop! Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the simplicity of this card. The flower looks fabulous in the frame and I love the 3-d effect of the frame. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for joining our hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments, Betty! I'm looking forward to this!

      Delete
  4. Just love your work, this card would be great for my Cricut club. Thanks for saying yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce! I'm happy you asked me and hope I can live up to the rest of you girls!

      Delete
  5. Oh such a lovely card. Please, I would love to follow your blog. Do you have an email subscription I can subscribe to, please. Can't see it on your page but I have old eyes!!!! Please let me know as I would love to follow you, please. Hugs: Mal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Mary-Ann, I'm flattered that you even asked! I guess I haven't set that up on my blog, but will look into doing so tonight. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Joyce, you will get a lot of followers if you have that subscribe button. Loving what I have seen so far.

      Delete
    3. Wow! Only 5 minutes to do! Thank you for the push and the complements!

      Delete
  6. Oh what a beautiful card to start out with! I love the ombre background and the frame. The tulip really stands out with the colors you used. Simple and clean.....love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments, Michelle! It really was easy to make!

      Delete