Sunday, October 7, 2018

World Card Making Day and October Stamp of the Month - Thanks & Giving!


Today is World Cardmaking Day, so I thought I would take the opportunity to make a card with the cute October Stamp of the Month, Thanks & Giving!  The images are so cute, I had so much fun making this card!

First I stamped the garland image on a piece of White Daisy cardstock and colored with Shinhan markers.  Next I stamped the house image on a piece of polka-dot background paper from the Oh What Fun Paper Packet and cut it out.  I stamped just the chimney of the house on a scrap of Pixie cardstock and adhered it to the stamped house.  Using a punch to cut a heart from a scrap of Raspberry cardstock and Cricut to cut a small circle from Black cardstock, I adhered both pieces to the stamped house, placing a Bitty Sparkle on the tiny heart.  The Silver Embellishing Thread was just the right touch to turn the house into a "birdhouse" by "hanging" it from the garland "branch".

To wrap up the card, I attached another piece of the background paper to the left of the images.  Then I adhered the stamped cardstock to a piece of Black cardstock, and again to a cardbase made from Raspberry cardstock.  Finally, I stamped just the "Thanks" sentiment from the "Thanks & Giving" image with Versamark ink on a piece of Black cardstock and embossed it with Ranger White Super Fine embossing powder.  This was adhered with Thin Foam Tape to the card.


Don't you just love the polka-dot paper from the Oh What Fun Paper Packet?  Here is a closeup of the card.



Each month you can purchase a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5 - that's over 70% off retail!  When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.  Otherwise, you can purchase this set outright for $18.95.
https://joycegough.closetomyheart.com/ctmh/promotions/sotm/2018/1810-thanks-and-giving.aspx



0 comments:

Post a Comment