Saturday, July 28, 2018

Floral Embossed Resist

Embossed resist is a favorite technique of mine and one of the first techniques I learned to do.  I recently took advantage of the Stampaganza special to get the Aloha Spirit stamp set.    This stamp set screamed embossed resist to me!



To make this card, first I stamped the flowers and leaves with VersaMark ink on a piece of White Daisy cardstock, then heat embossed with Clear Detail embossing powder.


Next, I used sponge daubers to blend ink onto each of the images.  I used Blossom and Raspberry inks on the large flowers, Lemon and Tangerine inks on the small flowers, and Willow and Emerald inks on the leaves.


After fussy cutting each of the stamped images, I prepared the card base.  Using a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of patterned paper from the Central Park paper pack, I used a large round object to trace and further trim down the paper and adhere onto a white card base.


Next I layered my cut images on the card base and after placing them in a pattern I was happy with, used Glad Press 'n Seal to pick up the pieces to retain their placement.


I then used adhesive and both thin and regular foam tape to provide varying levels of dimensions on the images.


After peeling off the release paper on the foam tape, I picked up the whole works on the Press 'n Seal and placed it back on the card base.  I added a few additional pieces of foam tape under the large flower images that were covered by the leaves when they were flipped to the back side.  The "Thank You" sentiment from the Shell Sentiments stamp set was stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with White Detail embossing powder on a scrap of Pacifica cardstock, then placed on the card with foam tape.  Finally, a few yellow Central Park sequins were used to provide the finishing touches.


Questions?  Please ask in your comments!

2 comments: