Wednesday, July 25, 2018

July 2018 Stamp of the Month - Highlight Reel!

Highlight Reel is a versatile stamp set that has some very cute images of varying sizes.  I really thought the "First Home" sentiment the most unique so had some fun creating a couple of cards with those stamps.


The first card was made by stamping the house image multiple times in Memento Black ink with one stamped in Poppy ink.  I then used a journaling pen to outline the Poppy colored house.  Next I stamped the airplane and car with the Memento Black ink, colored them with alcohol markers, and cut them out.  I then used a Chalk Marker and ruler to draw the dashed lines through the center of a piece of Black cardstock to make the "road".  The "First Home" sentiment was stamped in VersaMark ink on Black cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder.  (Note that I needed to mask the word "First" since it is part of the banner image.)  The sentiment, airplane, and car were applied onto the Poppy-matted card with foam tape.  Finally, I added some sparkle with a Clear Shimmer Brush onto the airplane, car, and Poppy colored house.

Here are a couple of close-up photos of this card:




The Circle Thin Cuts helped to highlight the elements of the second card.  Using a pencil I sketched in some light pencil lines on a piece of Black cardstock to ensure my circles would cut evenly across the card.  I then used the cut cardstock as a guide to stamp my house images on a white card base in Cranberry, Tangerine, Lemon, Willow, Pacifica, and Pansy.  The cut cardstock was then attached to the card base using foam tape.  The banner and sentiment was stamped in Memento Black ink, fussy cut, and attached with foam tape to the card.  The card was finished off with some Clear Sparkles.

Here is a couple of close-up photos of the finished card:





Each month you can purchase a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5 - that's over 70% off retail!  When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.  Otherwise, you can purchase this set outright for $17.95.


0 comments:

Post a Comment