Thursday, May 9, 2019

May 2019 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop and May Stamp of the Month - To My Bestie!



Welcome to the May 2019 Joyful Stars Blog Hop!  If you came here from the artistic Andrea's blog, you've come to the right place!

Lately I have been drawn to clean and simple designs.  Maybe its an extension of feeling overwhelmed with work and other issues lately, but clean and simple card designs seem to have a calming effect on me.

While at a crop last month, I challenged myself to come up with a clean and simple card using the May Stamp of the Month, To My Bestie.  If you have seen this stamp set, you know about all the beautiful and cute images in this set.  However, in keeping with the clean and simple concept, I only used one image and one sentiment from the set.


I started by stamping the small bouquet image three times in VersaMark ink, then embossing in Ranger Silver Super Fine embossing powder.  Then I grabbed a paintbrush and just touched each of the flowers in the bouquets with a peach colored paint from Watercolor Paints.

Assembling and finishing the card was very easy at this point.   I cut a piece of B&T paper, A2 card sized, from the Sweet Girl paper pack and adhered to a White Daisy card base.  I cut a smaller piece of White Daisy cardstock and adhered to my card base.  Next I cut some small mats for my stamped images from Peach cardstock and adhered them to my card base, aligning down the left side.  The "I Could Not Ask for a Better Friend" sentiment was then stamped to the right using Pewter ink.

For the final touches, I mounted all three stamped images on foam tape and adhered to the Peach cardstock mats.  Tiny bows made from the Silver Embellishing thread was the perfect touch for the bouquets!

Did you know you can get your own copy of the To My Bestie stamp set for only $5.00?  See the details below to see how!


Each month you can purchase a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5 - that's over 70% off retail!  When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.  Otherwise, you can purchase this set outright for $18.95.


Now hurry on over to Joyce Houck's blog!  I promise you won't be sorry!


4 comments:

  1. Oh I just LOVE your clean and simple card using the SOM. Clean and simple is my favorite kind of card! The embossing looks fabulous and the colors are so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love the CAS look of it.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete