Saturday, June 1, 2019

May Stamp of the Month - To My Bestie!



A few weeks ago, I posted a clean and simple version of a card that I made using the May Stamp of the Month, To My Bestie.  There are some very cute images on the set, so I decided to do another version that is at the other end of the spectrum, i.e., a bit more on the "messy" side a la a card inspired by coloring rock star, Kelly Latevola.  😊

First I stamped the images of the women and the balloons onto a piece of watercolor paper using black ink.  Next I taped it down and used a wet paintbrush to cover the paper with clean water.  Using watercolor paints, I dropped the paint onto the paper using targeted areas for the various colors.  I then dried the paper using my heat tool, so that the paper looked like this when it was done:


Next, I used alcohol markers to color all the images and added a final spatter of paint over the whole thing.  After re-drying, I removed the panel and attached it to a card base that I cut from Black Cardstock.  I added a few sequins and stars from the silver sequin pack.  And like Miss Kelly, I added some shimmer brush and went over the images with a fine tip black marker.  Finally I stamped the "it's your day" sentiment on a piece of Black Cardstock using VersaMark ink and embossed it in Ranger White Embossing Powder, then attached it to the card base using Thin Foam Tape.



Although it is officially June, it's not too late to order!  You have until May 5 to get this set!

Each month you can purchase a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5 - that's over 70% off retail!  When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.  Otherwise, you can purchase this set outright for $18.95.

0 comments:

Post a Comment