Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween 2021!

Happy Halloween!  There are so many cute Halloween stamp sets, I had a difficult time choosing what to use for my card this year.  So I ended up having fun and combining a couple of sets!  And I knew I wanted to use Distress Oxide inks so got inky doing some blending.  😀

For this card I first stamped Ezra from the Halloween Buddies - Ezra stamp set onto White Daisy cardstock using Intense Black ink.  I colored the image with Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers, then cut the image using the corresponding thin cut.  Next I stamped the skull image from the Halloween Buddies - Joey stamp set onto Linen cardstock using Intense Black ink then cut the image using the corresponding thin cut.  Using Pewter ink, I daubed a bit of the ink over the skull.  To finish up the stamping, the Happy Haunting sentiment from the Halloween Buddies - Ezra stamp set was stamped onto a scrap of Black cardstock using Versamark ink and embossed in Ranger White Super Fine Embossing Powder.

For the background cuts, first the fence was cut multiple times using the thin cut from the Halloween Buddies - Ezra stamp set and from wood grain paper (note that although the paper I used is retired, the Wood Grain Paper Packet would also serve this purpose just as well).  Next, using the Cricut, I cut the grass out of Charcoal cardstock, the spooky house out of Black cardstock, and the moon out of retired Sunkiss Yellow cardstock.  I also used a sponge dauber to add a bit Pewter ink onto the moon.

To prepare the background I blended the following Distress Oxide inks onto White Daisy cardstock   Abandoned Coral, Seedless Preserves, Villianous Potion, and Black Soot.  I then assembled everything as depicted in the photos.  To add a bit of shine, I added the Autumn Sequins to the area by the fence and Clear Shimmer Brush to the moon.

Happy Haunting!




0 comments:

Post a Comment