Sunday, October 17, 2021

October 2021 Stamp of the Month - Wildflower Friendship!

Have you ever purchased a stamp set because it was beautiful, then once you had it, struggled with what to do with it?  I must admit the October 2021 Stamp of the Month, Wildflower Friendship, fit that scenario with me.  Unusually for me, I looked around for inspiration, but nothing felt right for my personal style.  I played with a couple of ideas, but none seemed to work to my satisfaction.  Finally, I hit upon an idea that felt more like me.

 


For this card, I knew I wanted color, but did not want to do all the coloring myself.  Using a Misti, I stamped the floral owl with Mink ink onto Mink cardstock.  Then I took a Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend marker and shaded the owl in gray.  I took another Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend marker and colored in all the flowers in a pink color.  Next I put the stamped image back into the Misti, re-stamped with VersaMark ink, then embossed with Ranger White Super Fine Embossing Powder.  I fussy cut the image and put it aside.


To prep the card base, I used Linen cardstock, cut an oval out of it using my Cricut, then dry embossed using the Botanical Embossing Folder.  I also used the Cricut to cut an oval frame in Silver Foil paper.  Using Wild Berry cardstock, I cut a frame slightly larger than the embossed Linen cardstock to layer behind without showing through the oval.  I adhered the Wild Berry cardstock frame to a White card base, then adhered the embossed Linen cardstock and Silver Foil paper oval frame on top.  The floral owl was attached to the base using 3-D Foam Tape.

To finish the card, I stamped the "I Appreciate Everything you do!" sentiment onto a scrap of Wild Berry cardstock with VersaMark ink and embossed with Ranger White Super Fine Embossing Powder.  I adhered the sentiment to the base using 3-D Foam Tape.  Finally I decided to dress up the floral owl with Wild Berry Floral Sequins and Bitty Sparkles.

Each month you can purchase a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5 - that's over 70% off retail!  When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.  Or you can get it for FREE as a VIP Customer! Otherwise, you can purchase this set outright for $18.95. 

This month’s set is only available October 1–31.

Wildflower Friendship—October Stamp of the Month

0 comments:

Post a Comment