Saturday, October 1, 2016

World Card Making Day 2016!

Hopefully all card makers out there are aware that today is World Card Making Day!  I killed two birds with one stone this morning by making a card with the October Stamp of the Month, Yuletide Joy:

Each month you can purchase a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5 - that's over 70% off retail!  When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.  Otherwise, you can purchase this set outright for $17.95.

I decided I wanted to use the new color of the year, CTMH Sea Glass, with the star stamp. So I worked from the bottom up. I used the new Sea Glass Glitter Paper as the base on my card. Next I took a slightly smaller piece of white, glossy cardstock and sponged over it in Sea Glass ink. While still a little wet, I brushed some iridescent Perfect Pearls over top, although it is difficult to see from the photo. I then ran this piece of cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the Snowflakes Embossing Folder. Next I worked on my sentiment. I knew I wanted something on the larger side, so cut four identical "Joy" sentiments from the CTMH Artbooking Cricut cartridge. I cut these in White Daisy cardstock and layered them atop each other to give some thickness to this sentiment. Using Versamark and white embossing powder, I heat embossed the sentiment four or five times, unfortunately dropping it a couple of times during the process leading me to have to repeat again. Finally I cut the star slightly larger than the stamp set recommends using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. I stamped the star on Sea Glass cardstock using the White Daisy Pigment Ink Pad and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I used foam tape to pop the star on the card and added some Clear Sparkles to embellish.

Here is a photo of the card I posted on my Instagram site:


A photo posted by Joyce Gough (@jgough7ctmh) on

Recipe:

0 comments:

Post a Comment