Wednesday, December 9, 2020

December 2020 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop and December Stamp of the Month - Happiness Never Grows Old!

Welcome back to the Joyful Stars Blog Hop! If you've just joined me from the beautifully artistic Krista's blog,  thank you for continuing on to join me here!

December is a hot time for birthdays for people I know and love.  As my mom's birthday is the first week of the month, I wanted to share the card that I made for her here.  Since she loves watercolor, my immediate thought was to use the December Stamp of the Month, Happiness Never Grows Old, as the basis for creating her card.  This stamp set has a number of beautiful images that you can use for different techniques, and watercolor is no exception.

I stamped one of the floral images from the Happiness Never Grows Old set using VersaMark ink onto Distress Watercolor Cardstock.  I then embossed it using Ranger Princess Gold Detail Embossing Powder.  Next, I used watercolors to watercolor the embossed image.  Using Gold Shimmer Brush, I spattered over the whole piece.  I then adhered a piece of Black cardstock to a White Daisy card base, then attached the watercolored piece to the card.


To finish the card, I stamped the "Happiness Never Grows Old" sentiment from the same stamp set onto a scrap of Black cardstock using VersaMark ink and embossed with the Ranger Princess Gold Detail Embossing Powder.  I adhered the sentiment to the card.  Finally, to complete the card, I attached a few Gold Sequins.

Now please head over to the wonderfully talented Marie's blog to see what beautiful work she has done!


 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the details, your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Joyce!! Thank you for sharing all the details on how it was created---your watercoloring is beautiful & so pretty with the gold embossing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of the December Stamp of the Month! Your card is beautifully watercolored and embellished. Love it!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat Joyce, you always have a winner!!,Arlene Zimmerman

    ReplyDelete