Saturday, May 27, 2017

May 2017 Stamp of the Month - Live, Laugh, Love

I've been doing a lot of embossing lately.  I'm not sure why other than embossing was what pulled me into card making from the beginning.  There is something about science and particularly chemistry that I find enjoyable.  And watching the powder melt by applying heat just lights me up!

So when I saw the Live, Laugh, Love stamp set, I knew I was going to emboss the letters.  In lieu of coloring the floral design on the sapphire embossed letters, I opted to use the new gold shimmer brush to apply a hint of golden sparkle.  Here is a close up of the letters in the "Love" image:



Since I went with the gold shimmer, I decided to emboss one of the flowers in gold and add to the embossed sapphire flowers.  The No Worries paper seemed to marry well with the images, and I thought the addition of the Gold Glitter Gems and White Burlap Ribbon pulled the whole thing together.  Here is a look at the full card:


Each month you can purchase a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5 - that's over 70% off retail!  When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.  Otherwise, you can purchase this set outright for $17.95.

https://joycegough.closetomyheart.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=10004&ci=8319



0 comments:

Post a Comment