Thursday, January 9, 2020

January 2020 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop!



Happy New Year!  Welcome to the January 2020 Joyful Stars Blog Hop!  If you came here from the uber talented Krista's blog, you've come to the right place!

This month I'm featuring some things from our new January/February 2020 Idea Book.  And maybe it's because it's a new year, but I'm also feeling a bit overwhelmed with my continued accumulation of crafty items.  So I decided to make use of some things I've had for awhile in addition to using up some leftovers from the holidays.

The new Spruced Up collection in the Idea Book speaks so loudly to me that I had to be sure to make something with this collection first.  The paper is simply gorgeous and the stamp sets beautifully wintry!  And oh my, the birds!  I have always had a soft spot for birds.



The card base of this card was made using an old Cricut cartridge I've had for many years, Cindy Loo (still available from Cricut by searching from my link), for which I used Bluebird cardstock and the wood grain paper of the Spruced Up paper packet.  The bird was stamped from the Spruced Up - Cardmaking stamp set using Charcoal ink onto White Daisy cardstock and colored with colored pencils, then it was cut out using the matching thin cut from the set.  The "Thank You" sentiment was stamped from the same set onto a scrap of Charcoal cardstock using VersaMark ink and embossed with Ranger White Super Fine embossing powder.  I also cut an additional "hole" for the birdhouse base using another scrap of Charcoal cardstock.  Both the sentiment and bird image were attached to the birdhouse base using 3-D Foam Tape.  Finally, I embellished the card using a single Bitty Sparkle for the bird's eye and used up some leftover white enamel dots from my Christmas cards from a pack of Black & White Dots.

Now please hop on over to Lori's blog to see the beautiful art she has made this month!


6 comments:

  1. My hop favorite! Love this, esp. the blue/gray combo and the coloring on the bird. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stinkin' cute card. Love the birdhouse design of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Great card & another great use of the fabulous bird! :)

    ReplyDelete