Monday, November 9, 2020

November 2020 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop & Easy Stitching with Stitched Lattice Thin Cut

Welcome back to the Joyful Stars Blog Hop! If you've just joined me from the beautifully artistic Krista's blog,  thank you for continuing on to join me here!

The 2020 CTMH Idea Book has been a treasure trove of goodness for the kind of card making I like to do.  In addition to my beloved Distress Oxide inks, the background thin cuts have a favorite of mine, where many times I have used both of these product lines hand in hand.  This month, I stretched the use of one of those background thin cuts, i.e., the Stitched Lattice Background Thin Cut.

 

While quickly glancing at my messy workspace, I had my embellishing thread sitting close to the thin cut and had a vision pop into my head.  With the holes in the thin cut, I thought surely I could do something fun with it and the embellishing thread!

This first card was made by cutting the Stitched Lattice Background Die Cut on a piece of White Daisy cardstock.  I taped a length of Gold Embellishing Thread to the back of the die cut panel and threaded it through a needle.  Using the diamond pattern shown in the photo above, I brought the thread through the larger holes to complete the pattern, taping the end to the back when finished.  This took a little over two yards of the thread.  I adhered this panel to a White Daisy card base.

Next I used a red Sharpie marker to color some Clear Sparkles.  I adhered these to the large holes of the panel.

The "LOVE" sentiment was die cut out of Gold Foil Paper using the Simple Serif Uppercase Thin Cuts.  These letters were adhered to a piece of Scarlet Glitter Paper, which was die cut with the Stitched Brackets Thin Cuts.  Using 3-D Foam Tape, this was adhered to the card.

The second card was made very much like the previous card, but I used the negative Gold Foil Paper that was left from the first card.

This negative piece of Gold Foil Paper was adhered to a square of Scarlet Glitter Paper, which was then attached with 3-D Foam Tape to the card.

 

The final card was made much like the first two.  Instead, I used a blue Sharpie marker to color the Clear Sparkles and Sapphire Glitter Paper as the base for the "THANKS" sentiment, which was cut as a banner and attached with 3-D Foam Tape.

Now please head over to the wonderfully talented Marie's blog to see what the beautiful work she has done!

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a great idea using the thread...and those alphabets ---they are on my wish list! :) Two lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant - love, love, love how you "sewed" through the holes on the die cut! Great use of the negative cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you clever gal! I love both of your cards! You should enter them into the Double Trouble Challenge whose theme this week is "stitching". Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete