Tuesday, July 9, 2019

July 2019 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop!



Welcome to the July 2019 Joyful Stars Blog Hop!  If you came here from the exquisitely talented Krista's blog, you've come to the right place!

This month I decided to focus on my dad.  My dad is one of the most amazing people in my life.  He just celebrated his 89th birthday, still gets around fine (walks and drives), and is sharp as a tack.  Although he's slowing down a bit, I'm in awe of how well he is doing at this stage of his life.  He is a true blessing to me.  So I am showing two cards I recently made for him.


This first card was made for my dad's birthday.  I was inspired by a card in the Idea Book that had the stamped chameleon sitting on top of a plain die cut chameleon.  So I stamped the chameleon from the Wild & Punny stamp set in Black ink three different times:  once onto a piece of the Into the Wild patterned paper, a second time on New England Ivy cardstock (just the portion that includes the "scales"), and a third time on White Daisy cardstock (just the portion with the "eye").  I then fussy cut out the chameleon, scales, and eye and paper pieced together.  Then using Heather cardstock, I die cut just the chameleon image.

Next, I attached a piece of the Into the Wild patterned paper on a White Daisy card base, then cut and adhered a scalloped strip of New England Ivy cardstock using a scallop thin cut (retired).  The tag was cut using Sapphire cardstock, and a small strip of the Into the Wild zip strip was attached to the top.  This was then adhered to the prepared card base.  I attached the Heather die cut chameleon to the tag, then used Thin Foam Tape to adhere the chameleon to the top of the die cut piece.

To finish the card, I stamped "Happy" and "Birthday" from the Wild & Punny stamp set onto the bottom right corner below the scalloped border.  Using an old die, I cut some small hearts of varying sizes out of Sapphire cardstock.  I attached them to the right of the chameleon and between the stamped "Happy" and "Birthday" sentiment.  Finally, I added Liquid Glass to the "eye" and all the die cut hearts.


This second card was made for Father's Day.  Note that I used a lot of retired items I had in my stash, but I really like putting my older things to good use!  The cow was also stamped from the Wild & Punny stamp set.  I colored him with Alcohol Markers and fussy cut him out.

I die cut the "hill" from a piece of retired Kaleidoscope patterned paper.  This was then adhered to a piece of Heavenly Blue cardstock and then attached to a Black cardstock mat.  I adhered a piece of retired Burlap Ribbon to the bottom of the hill.  This was all put onto a White Daisy card base.  Using some retired My Accents flowers, I used glue dots to adhere them to the Burlap Ribbon and put Bitty Sparkles in the center of each.  

The sun was cut using an image from the retired Artiste Cricut Cartridge.  The "Happy Fodder's Day!" sentiment was written on the sun using the attach feature on the Cricut in Design Space and a black Cricut pen.  Finally, the cow was attached using Thin Foam Tape, and unfortunately had a little accident, because somehow in the process of attaching him to the card, I "lost" the end of his tail in the disaster I call my craft room.  Sorry cow!


The cow is an inside joke to my dad, especially this image with him chewing on a piece of hay!

I hope you enjoyed these cards for my dad!  Please press on to Debi's blog as I'm sure she has something that will wow you!




2 comments:

  1. Love the chameleon stamped on the pattern paper! Both are great cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you stamped on patterned paper and your expert coloring of the cow. They are great masculine cards!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete