Friday, August 9, 2019

August 2019 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop!



Welcome to the August 2019 Joyful Stars Blog Hop!  If you came here from the very talented Joyce Houck's blog, you've come to the right place!

One of the dies that Close To My Heart had in a recent special was the Multi Circle Windows Thin Cuts (soon to be included in the new 2019 Idea Book!).  When I see new things, I like to challenge myself to use tools and stamps in a variety of ways.  It occurred to me that I could design a tic-tac-toe out of the die, so a couple of weeks ago, I made this birthday card.


First, I cut the tic-tac-toe pattern using the thin cut and trimming it down to 3.75" x 3.75" to retain a 3x3 set of circles.  I layered it on White Daisy cardstock, then stamped the "happy happy happy" sentiment from the Birthday Joy stamp set special in Black ink through some of the cut circles.

Next, I stamped the cupcake image three times from the same set in Archival Black ink on White Daisy cardstock.  Using Spectrum Noir markers (also coming soon!), I colored the images then cut them out.  I adhered these through each of the cut circles as shown above.

Finally, I made a 4" x 4" Black cardstock base card to layer the designed piece.  The "happy birthday" sentiment from the set was heat embossed using Vermark ink and Ranger White Superfine Embossing Powder onto a scrap of Black cardstock.  This was adhered to the card using 3-D Foam Tape.

For the finishing touches, I added shimmer to the cupcake images using a Clear Shimmer BrushClear Sparkles were colored with a red Sharpie pen and adhered to the top of each cupcake image.

Now please head on over to Betty's blog as you will be wowed by her talent!


2 comments:

  1. Always liked black and pink, what a great card with the cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Joyce! :) The shimmer pen, the colored sparkle...and turning this die image into a SQUARE....just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete