Thursday, July 9, 2020

July 2020 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop and Born to Bloom!



Welcome back to the Joyful Stars Blog Hop! If you've just joined me from our wonderfully talented Marie's blog,  thank you for continuing on to join me here!

This month I had a vision of a card using the Born to Bloom stamp set using rainbow colors.  Although slightly different than how I first imagined the card, I'm happy enough with the results.  Rainbow colors on a card are always so cheery, and let's face it, we all need a little color to brighten up the days we're living with right now!



To make this card, I first stamped the plants and pots with VersaMark ink onto different colors of cardstock (Candy Apple, Nectarine, Lemonade, Clover, Bluebird, and Almond) and heat embossed with Ranger White Super Fine Embossing Powder.  I then cut the images using the coordinating Born to Bloom Thin Cuts.



To assemble the card, I created a 3-1/2" x 8" card base out of White Daisy cardstock and adhered a Black cardstock panel of 2-3/4" x 7-3/4".  A piece of retired gold shimmer ribbon was attached to the bottom of the Black cardstock panel.  The sentiment was stamped from the Winged Wishes stamp set using Black ink.  Finally, I attached the potted plant images with 3-D Foam Tape and added Bitty Sparkles.

I hope you all enjoyed my rainbow!  Please continue on with the hop and visit the uber talented Krista's blog!

5 comments: