Sunday, August 9, 2020

August 2020 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop & Retiring Colors

Welcome back to the Joyful Stars Blog Hop! If you've just joined me from our wonderfully talented Marie's blog,  thank you for continuing on to join me here!

This month I wanted to pay homage to our retiring colors.  Although I always feel a sense of sadness to say goodbye them, there are always I few for which I will miss more than others.  Here are the colors that are going away so please get your ink pads, re-inkers, and cardstock while you can!

The two I will particularly miss are Ruby and Sweet Leaf.  So for that reason, I created a card to highlight the two colors I will miss most.

For this card, I chose one of my favorite new stamps, Treasured Memories.  I wanted a water colored look with my flowers, so I swiped both my Ruby and Sweet Leaf ink pads on my craft mat, rubbed my stamps into the ink and stamped onto White Daisy cardstock.  Pieces of a zip strip from the Timber Paper Pack were adhered above and below the images.  A piece of the wood B&T paper from the pack was adhered to a White Daisy card base, and the previously assemble piece adhere on top.  The sentiment from the Winged Wishes stamp set was stamped in VersaMark ink onto a scrap of Black cardstock and embossed in Ranger White Super Fine Embossing Powder.  I finished the card with a few Bitty Sparkles on the centers of the flowers.  Although a simple card, I hope it will brighten the day of a friend.

Thanks for visiting!  Now for some awesome artwork, please continue with the hop over to the very talented Krista!


2 comments:

  1. I love the combination of feminine flowers and masculine woodgrain. Thanks for inspiring me today! I will also miss Ruby and Sweet Leaf....
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the watercolor look, one more thing to teach.

    ReplyDelete