Wednesday, September 9, 2020

September 2020 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop & Reverse Stencil Technique

Welcome back to the Joyful Stars Blog Hop! If you've just joined me from our wonderfully talented Krista's blog,  thank you for continuing on to join me here!

I'm excited to debut something from our new Close to My Heart Core Idea Book!  I've never been so excited about a new book, but this one has everything you could ask for to use for your paper crafting purposes throughout the year.  From beautiful papers, to exciting new colors, to cute stamp sets, and to the artsy mixed media, this book has it all!  In particular, inks and how they are formulated have always appealed to the science soul in me.  

As such I decided to start this hop with the beautiful new Ranger Distress Oxide inks.  I was lucky enough to already own all the Distress Oxides introduced to CTMH, so it was a no brainer to start with a much loved technique of mine: reverse stenciling.

 


I created this card a few weeks ago when I received the new Stencil Collections from the new Idea Book.  I thought it was perfect for the reverse stencil technique.  This technique is done by blending inks onto a piece of cardstock, then using a stencil to apply black ink on top of the blended colors.  The Mandala stencil was perfect for this technique over some rainbow colors.

 


Here are the supplies I used to make this card:

Now please head over to the wonderfully talented Marie's blog to see what the beautiful work she has done!





 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Joyce. Love the Vibrant colors and that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - that stencil is perfect for your technique. Love your color choices for the blending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN is that?!?! Another great technique to try with those lovely Distress Oxides! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete