Monday, September 9, 2019

September 2019 - Joyful Stars Blog Hop!



Welcome to the September 2019 Joyful Stars Blog Hop!  If you came here from the very talented Lori's blog, you've come to the right place!

September connotes the end of Summer and back to school.  For Close To My Heart followers, it also brings new goodies to play with!  If you haven't already checked out our new products, be sure to click on the link to my website to see the fun new things that may strike your fancy!

For this month, I decided to play with a couple of new stamp sets that were calling my name:  Every Little Thing-Scrapbooking and the September Stamp of the Month, Random Act of Cardness.  It has also been awhile since I played with Kraft paper and colored pencils, so these two stamp sets helped fulfill the urge to use those items.


First I stamped the large floral image from the Every Little Thing-Scrapbooking stamp set in VersaMark ink and embossed it in Ranger White Super Fine Detail embossing powder onto Kraft cardstock.  Using a white colored pencil, I added some highlights to the flowers and leaves.  Then I used a couple of pencils in complementary shades of red and greens to do the bulk of the coloring, being sure to color over the white pencil.  Next I used a white gel pen to fill in some of the stark areas around the floral image.

To finish the card, I used Black Archival ink to stamp the "sending a smile" sentiment from the Random Act of Cardness stamp set.  The stamped piece was then layered on the bottom right of a piece of Candy Apple cardstock, which was also then layered similarly onto a white cardbase.  A few Clear Sparkles seemed to be the right touch to finish the card.

Now please head over to Betty's blog to see what beautiful creation she has in store for you this month!


1 comment: